1 1/4 cups cake flour (all-purpose works as well!)
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup canola oil (vegetable or extra light olive oil also work)f
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
3. Add 3/4 cup sugar and continue to beat on medium speed (30 seconds).
4. Add vanilla and oil and beat on medium speed (1 minute)
5. Reduce mixer speed to medium/low and slowly add about half of the flour mixture. Add half of the buttermilk, then the rest of the flour mix and the rest of the milk. Beat until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl. The batter should be thin.
6. Pour batter into a lined muffin pan. Fill to about 1/2 full.
7. Bake for 12 -14 minutes at 350 degrees F. My oven takes 14 minutes. Let them cool in the pan fora couple minutes, then remove.Wait until they’re cooled to put on the frosting. This recipe is very simple, & easy! Enjoy!Recipe- Icing!
1/2 cup butter, softened ( I used olive oil & sea salted butter- if you use unsalted you may want to add a pinch of salt)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Special Dark Cocoa- yum!)
1/2 cup malted milk powder
7 tbsp milk
1. Mix 1/2 cup butter and 1 tsp vanilla together until smooth.
2. Add in 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cocoa powder, and 1/2 cup malt lightly mix.
3. Gradually add in the tbsps of milk. Add more if needed.
You could literally just eat this with a spoon it’s so yummy!!
|Family Photo Op… Birthday Boy with me & George!|
We headed up to the Cottage for the birthday weekend! It was very nice out but a little too chilly to swim in the lake! We still took a walk on the beach though! 🙂
|Matt & George took a little nap before we went out to have a wine filled afternoon. George stayed home & continued to nap while Mom & Dad enjoyed some wine!|
|Our friends Jeff & Jordan came with us to the cottage & we all enjoyed free sunglasses & Ohio Wine!|
George was happy to see us back home!
And Finally!! We ate at Benihana tonight with our friends Matt & Savanna!
It seems to me that Matt had a great Birthday celebration!! I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did! 🙂